Who we are
Our website address is: https://furmail.co.nz.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
- We use Google Analytics website measurement software and systems to assist in tracking traffic patterns to and from our Website, aggregating anonymous information about visits to our Website, and randomly and anonymously surveying users of our Website. The system is used to collect information on our network such as the number of page views, the number of unique visitors, how long these visitors spend on the Website and Affiliated Websites when they do visit, and common entry and exit points into and from the Website and Affiliated Websites. Random anonymous surveys are also used to collect further information about our users.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Your contact information
We gather various information about customers and users of furmail.co.nz, this Website and Affiliated Websites.
This information includes:
- personal information, provided through voluntary registration or use of the Website (such as your first and last names, physical address, information regarding your pets, family and email address);
- personal information, provided to us by you for any purchase through the Website (such as credit card number, expiration date and authentication codes or related information);
- personal information, provided to us by you through any other method (including without limitation correspondence and discussions);
- information collected by us through click tracking in relation to your use of the Website, including the content you upload and the content you access; and
- aggregated data, which tracks traffic to the Website; and cookies, which are pieces of information transferred to your computer hard drive for record keeping (such as your preferences on our Website and Affiliated Websites).
Failure to provide necessary personal information when requested may result in certain functions of the Website and Affiliated Websites not being available to you.
If you participate in an online activity on the Website or Affiliated Website, your personal information will only be used for the purposes of that online activity, unless you otherwise provide us with your consent.
Any personal information you provide may be used for the following purposes:
- to send you periodic emails that you have subscribed to through your nominated email address;
- to obtain feedback on a Product you have ordered;
- to contact you as part of the transaction process when placing a Product Order;
- verification of your identity as a Member of the Website;
- to monitor, develop and improve the Website and ensure that content of the Website is presented in the most effective manner for the user;
- to keep the Website relevant and of interest to users;
- to investigate any complaints relating to the misuse of the Website or where the functionality is available to a user who is a Member;
- responding to any queries and/or comments you have sent to us;
- unless you select otherwise, to promote to you Product from the Website or Affiliated Websites;
- where you become a Member, to prepopulate certain information in various forms that may need to be completed when you transact with us using the Website and Affiliated Websites; and
- such other use that you authorise.
Should Furmail change hands in the future, your data will be passed on to the new owners as part of the business assets, you may however refuse to share this data if such a circumstance was to occur.
You will have the option to choose to not receive certain types of email communications from us. Any emails we send will also always contain a link at the bottom enabling you to be removed from our general mailing list or where the user is a Member you can unsubscribe via your account page. If you elect not to receive emails or ask to be removed from a mailing list we may still send you emails where it is necessary to provide you with details of any purchases you have made, changes to our services, or the way the membership or website is to operate.
When making an order we also request credit card or other payment account information which are maintained in encrypted form on secure servers. We do not share this information with any third party except for those companies responsible for processing credit card transactions for us.
As no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be completely secure, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit or receive through the Website or any Affiliated Website. These activities are conducted at your own risk.
Holding, Correcting and Updating
- Any personal information that you provide to us will be collected and held by us at 8 Braco Place, Burnside NZ 2021. Under the Privacy Act 1993 you have rights of access to and correction of personal information that we hold.
- Although we take reasonable steps to ensure that all data we use is accurate, we depend on our users to update or correct their personal information whenever necessary. We offer the ability for users to correct or change their personal information online at any time and as often as necessary.
- If you have any questions about how our services work or regarding this statement, contact us directly at [email protected]
- For information about New Zealand’s Privacy Act 1993 and how it protects the personal information of individuals in New Zealand, click here.